Did you ever wonder what your ancestors were up to on any given date? I know often times your ancestors were attacking my ancestors, or my ancestors were attacking yours. Or everyone was fending off disease, starvation, or a myriad of problems that bedevil mankind. Yet, it is nice to think that they enjoyed the occassional peaceful day in which they milked their cows, tilled their fields, savored a leisurely country drive, entertained friends, or were able to relish a beautiful April day.
In the case of poor Jefferson Haines, he had to ensure charges stuck against persons who had forged his name to bank notes at Farmers National Bank of Oxford, Pennsylvania. And Avondale Bank. And Rising Sun National Bank.
Passed Time Login
Private Message Notifier
You are not logged in.
- In Their Own Words 107 posts
- Get Quick Resolution at Roadrunner email support 13 posts
- Open Book 8 posts
- Fix Install Norton Related Issues by Experts In UK 5 posts
- Walk on the Crazy Side 4 posts
- HaelthandNutritionTips 4 posts
- Sindhi News Website 4 posts
- Historical Notes 3 posts
- www.office.com 3 posts
- The Wyrms Book 3 posts
A Danish war museum says it found German U-boat U-3523 embedded on the sea floor, quashing years of speculation.
York County Historical Society
The Paperback of the The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein by Patricia Earnest Suter at Barnes & Noble. FREE Shipping on $25 or more!
The remains of the USS Indianapolis, which delivered parts of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, and was later sunk by a Japanese submarine, have been found.
Andrew Kamal is an app developer, programmer, and inventor who loves writing about historical technology and old games. He can be found in his free time hugging pugs and debating people about which pizza topics are better.
Two medieval mummies from a mystery Arctic civilization have been discovered at the edge of Siberia. The remains of an adult and baby were found in the Zelenyy Yar necropolis, an archaeological complex first discovered in 1997, and were covered in copper-with the adult having been plated from head to
Search This Site
The family bible is a family's connection to the past and future. It connects an entire family across generations to their history, to their faith and provides an understanding of who their ancestors were. Family bibles often contain locks of hair, photographs, newspaper articles in addition to names, dates of birth, death and marriages.
FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" explores the stories of Lancastrians who sought, fought for, lived in, and were denied freedom over the course of 300 years. They are stories of hope, joy, struggle, and survival from Penn's Holy Experiment through the 21st century.
April 2017 Story Ideas
Fastnacht Day: February 28 at
York County History Center
Fastnacht Day will be celebrated at the York County History Center’s Historical Society Museum on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. – noon. The Friends of the History Center will serve fastnachts, coffee, tea and hot chocolate at the Museum, located at 250 E. Market Street, York.
This free event is held each year as the Friends’ “thank you” to the community for their support throughout the year. Fastnacht Day originated with Pennsylvania Germans on Shrove Tuesday, when all fat had to be removed from the home before Lent.
The Friends hold fundraising events all year to benefit the programs and exhibits of the History Center.
York, Pa., really is the center of the universe, especially when you consider its place in historical events. Local historian June Lloyd looks at how things have converged on our hometown, past and present.
- Upcoming LancasterHistory.org Events August 29 - September 21, 2016
- New Exhibition FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" Opens September 24 & 25
- Upcoming Colloquium explores the frontier of early Pennsylvania
- Celebrate A Lancaster Victorian Christmas!
- A Salute to Pearl Harbor
- December 2016 Story Ideas
- Lancaster Legend Who Immortalized Christmas Music is the Focus of Free Colloquium
- LancasterHistory.org Honors National Black History Month With Program Set
- Free Screening of Harriet Tubman Film Celebrates Black History Month
- The Friends of the Tanger Arboretum Annual Dinner
- April 2017 Story Ideas from LancasterHistory.org
- April Living History: Precocious, Passionate, & Plodding Buchanan
- 100 Years After US Entry Into World War I, Motivations Revisited
- The Historian May 31, 2017
- The Historian July 26, 2017
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society | Preserving the culture of Mennonite-related faith communities in Lancaster County
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society has added a new field trip to the 2016 schedule of events. Get a new view of historic sights in Lancaster and Lebanon with the upcoming field trip, "The Trail of Greenywalt's Boys."
Draws A Crowd
- Printed & Manuscript Americana
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks
- Rare and Important Travel Posters
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks Exhibition Opens Thursday, October 20
- Just in from Swann Auction Galleries..a Record Setting Auction
- Swann Auction: Illustration Art Draws A Crowd
- Swann Auction: Autographs
Half-century of history at Dover AFB
Links to External Sources
- Prestige Marigold Plots Bangalore Saturday, 18 September 2021
- Godrej Ananda Apartments in Bangalore Thursday, 16 September 2021
- purva tivoli hills plots Thursday, 02 September 2021
- Colon Broom Colon Cleanse - ColonBroom Reviews, Coupon, Price Friday, 20 August 2021
- Best email services by Roadrunner email problems Tuesday, 22 June 2021
- CSS of Amazon Fire Stick Edited By Tvsticksupport.Com Tuesday, 04 May 2021
- DIvas Of India Jaipur Escorts Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- What is the importance of religion assignment help in USA Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- Logo For InstallnSetup Created by Installnsetup.Com Monday, 05 April 2021
- CSS Of Amazon Kindle Supported By TheFireSupport.Com Saturday, 03 April 2021
Windsor Historical Society - The museum, library, and historic houses explore 370 years of history in Connecticut's oldest English town
- Post Free Escorts Call Girls List Monday, 20 September 2021
- https://www.godrej-ananda.net.in/ Thursday, 16 September 2021
- purva tivoli hills Thursday, 02 September 2021
- Prestige Marigold Plots Saturday, 28 August 2021
- All Technology Trends Thursday, 26 August 2021
- Colon Broom Coupon Friday, 20 August 2021
- Ahmedabad Escorts Service Escort in Ahmedabad Call Girls Friday, 18 June 2021
- When is a business analyst added to a software development team? Friday, 11 June 2021
- DIvas Of India Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- assignment help Wednesday, 14 April 2021
About AAS The American Antiquarian Society is a national research library of American history and culture through 1876.more
Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs
That spring morning in 1927 could not have been more beautiful, one of the students would later recall. The Bath Consolidated School just outside East Lansing, Mich., was holding final exams, but before the morning bell rang on May 18, 1927, children ran and played outside. Peals of laughter could be heard.
ATLANTA (AP) - More than 70 years ago, a U.S. Army plane dubbed "Hot as Hell" was headed for India on a supply mission. It never arrived, and no one went looking for the doomed aircraft or the eight men on board because military officials had no way of pinpointing where it went down.
BOSTON (AP) - The sword that belonged to the commanding officer of the first all-black regiment raised in the North during the U.S. Civil War has been recovered after being lost to history for more than 150 years. The British-made sword carried into battle by Col.
An upcoming book seeks to find the links between the fable of Frankenstein and a brutal Philadelphia mass murder that occurred nearly 50 years after the release of the famous novel. In "The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein," Delaware author Patricia Earnest Suter revisits the gruesome killings of eight people at the hands of Anton Probst in 1866.
Norman Gray, a fresh-faced 19-year-old was shipped off to France in 1914 to fight in World War I. Now his diary resurfaced, documenting the horrors of war.