Beyond the information about Thora Beckel, the next bits of extra information found in the Guide to the Old Moravian Cemetery are "corrections." They are found on page 47 under the entry for John Heckewelder. Please keep in mind, this is not my research, but information and corrections written by others researching their families. (For a link to Part I and a more informative description of the intent of this post, click Guide to the Old Moravian Cemetery (Part I):) Most of the information is legible, except perhaps this portion which reads, "....State of Ohio. His eldest [2nd] daughter Sarah married Joseph Rice, his second [3rd] daughter Susan...."
The next page with additional information is found on page 61. By "Levering" the author is no doubt referencing Joseph Mortimer Levering's A History of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 1741-1892, published in 1903. In this case the researcher fills out information around the entry for Catharine Leibert. It should be clearly visible in the picture below. Best of luck on your search, HK 5 July 2015
Author HistoryKeeper, currently lives in Dover, Delaware, with family, both two- and four-footed. I am a history enthusiast, who has great regard for the past and is especially proud of the Pennsylvania German culture. In addition to Passed Time, I am currently working on a project for the German Historical Institutes Immigrant Entrepreneurship: German-American Business Biographies (http://www.ghi-dc.org). I also contribute to various newsletters and I am working on another book...or two. Feel free to email me at email@example.com for questions, comments, information, a shared love of history, an idea, or just because you want to share on Passed Time, but are too shy about getting started. But be aware, Files with Attachments will not be opened, but immediately deleted.
People in this conversation
Passed Time Login
Private Message Notifier
You are not logged in.
- In Their Own Words 107 posts
- Get Quick Resolution at Roadrunner email support 12 posts
- Open Book 8 posts
- Walk on the Crazy Side 4 posts
- Fix Install Norton Related Issues by Experts In UK 4 posts
- HaelthandNutritionTips 4 posts
- Sindhi News Website 4 posts
- www.office.com 3 posts
- The Wyrms Book 3 posts
- 17 Reasons To Boost Your Website Traffic and SEO During the Coronavirus Pandemic 3 posts
A Danish war museum says it found German U-boat U-3523 embedded on the sea floor, quashing years of speculation.
York County Historical Society
The Paperback of the The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein by Patricia Earnest Suter at Barnes & Noble. FREE Shipping on $25 or more!
The remains of the USS Indianapolis, which delivered parts of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, and was later sunk by a Japanese submarine, have been found.
Andrew Kamal is an app developer, programmer, and inventor who loves writing about historical technology and old games. He can be found in his free time hugging pugs and debating people about which pizza topics are better.
Two medieval mummies from a mystery Arctic civilization have been discovered at the edge of Siberia. The remains of an adult and baby were found in the Zelenyy Yar necropolis, an archaeological complex first discovered in 1997, and were covered in copper-with the adult having been plated from head to
Search This Site
The family bible is a family's connection to the past and future. It connects an entire family across generations to their history, to their faith and provides an understanding of who their ancestors were. Family bibles often contain locks of hair, photographs, newspaper articles in addition to names, dates of birth, death and marriages.
FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" explores the stories of Lancastrians who sought, fought for, lived in, and were denied freedom over the course of 300 years. They are stories of hope, joy, struggle, and survival from Penn's Holy Experiment through the 21st century.
April 2017 Story Ideas
Fastnacht Day: February 28 at
York County History Center
Fastnacht Day will be celebrated at the York County History Center’s Historical Society Museum on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. – noon. The Friends of the History Center will serve fastnachts, coffee, tea and hot chocolate at the Museum, located at 250 E. Market Street, York.
This free event is held each year as the Friends’ “thank you” to the community for their support throughout the year. Fastnacht Day originated with Pennsylvania Germans on Shrove Tuesday, when all fat had to be removed from the home before Lent.
The Friends hold fundraising events all year to benefit the programs and exhibits of the History Center.
York, Pa., really is the center of the universe, especially when you consider its place in historical events. Local historian June Lloyd looks at how things have converged on our hometown, past and present.
- Upcoming LancasterHistory.org Events August 29 - September 21, 2016
- New Exhibition FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" Opens September 24 & 25
- Upcoming Colloquium explores the frontier of early Pennsylvania
- Celebrate A Lancaster Victorian Christmas!
- A Salute to Pearl Harbor
- December 2016 Story Ideas
- Lancaster Legend Who Immortalized Christmas Music is the Focus of Free Colloquium
- LancasterHistory.org Honors National Black History Month With Program Set
- Free Screening of Harriet Tubman Film Celebrates Black History Month
- The Friends of the Tanger Arboretum Annual Dinner
- April 2017 Story Ideas from LancasterHistory.org
- April Living History: Precocious, Passionate, & Plodding Buchanan
- 100 Years After US Entry Into World War I, Motivations Revisited
- The Historian May 31, 2017
- The Historian July 26, 2017
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society | Preserving the culture of Mennonite-related faith communities in Lancaster County
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society has added a new field trip to the 2016 schedule of events. Get a new view of historic sights in Lancaster and Lebanon with the upcoming field trip, "The Trail of Greenywalt's Boys."
Draws A Crowd
- Printed & Manuscript Americana
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks
- Rare and Important Travel Posters
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks Exhibition Opens Thursday, October 20
- Just in from Swann Auction Galleries..a Record Setting Auction
- Swann Auction: Illustration Art Draws A Crowd
- Swann Auction: Autographs
Half-century of history at Dover AFB
Links to External Sources
- DIvas Of India Jaipur Escorts Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- What is the importance of religion assignment help in USA Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- Logo For InstallnSetup Created by Installnsetup.Com Monday, 05 April 2021
- CSS Of Amazon Kindle Supported By TheFireSupport.Com Saturday, 03 April 2021
- Get Support for Pogo Games Not Loading Issue At 1888-614-3222 Friday, 02 April 2021
- Fix McAfee Installation Issue by McAfee.Com Activate Card Team Tuesday, 23 March 2021
- Get Support to Install Norton In Mac by Experts Thursday, 18 March 2021
- CSS Of TajMahal Designed By TajMahalInAgra.Com Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Quick support for RR email customer Friday, 19 February 2021
- Get an Effective Solution from Roadrunner email. Friday, 29 January 2021
Windsor Historical Society - The museum, library, and historic houses explore 370 years of history in Connecticut's oldest English town
- DIvas Of India Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- assignment help Wednesday, 14 April 2021
- Fix Install Norton Related Issues by Experts In UK Thursday, 18 March 2021
- CSS Of TajMahal Designed By TajMahalInAgra.Com Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Essay Writing Service London Monday, 15 February 2021
- Introduction to Accounting Basics Friday, 08 January 2021
- side effects of sensitivities Thursday, 07 January 2021
- Office Installation & Setup Guide Friday, 11 December 2020
- Perfect Call Girls Romance in Lucknow Hotel Wednesday, 02 December 2020
- My Car Detail Chicago Friday, 13 November 2020
About AAS The American Antiquarian Society is a national research library of American history and culture through 1876.more
Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs
That spring morning in 1927 could not have been more beautiful, one of the students would later recall. The Bath Consolidated School just outside East Lansing, Mich., was holding final exams, but before the morning bell rang on May 18, 1927, children ran and played outside. Peals of laughter could be heard.
ATLANTA (AP) - More than 70 years ago, a U.S. Army plane dubbed "Hot as Hell" was headed for India on a supply mission. It never arrived, and no one went looking for the doomed aircraft or the eight men on board because military officials had no way of pinpointing where it went down.
BOSTON (AP) - The sword that belonged to the commanding officer of the first all-black regiment raised in the North during the U.S. Civil War has been recovered after being lost to history for more than 150 years. The British-made sword carried into battle by Col.
An upcoming book seeks to find the links between the fable of Frankenstein and a brutal Philadelphia mass murder that occurred nearly 50 years after the release of the famous novel. In "The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein," Delaware author Patricia Earnest Suter revisits the gruesome killings of eight people at the hands of Anton Probst in 1866.
Norman Gray, a fresh-faced 19-year-old was shipped off to France in 1914 to fight in World War I. Now his diary resurfaced, documenting the horrors of war.