These stunning images reveal the remains of a more than century-old sunken ship that has been preserved beneath freezing Lake Superior. The ship looks almost exactly the same as it did the day it sunk beneath waves all those years ago.
People in this conversation
Passed Time Login
Private Message Notifier
You are not logged in.
A Danish war museum says it found German U-boat U-3523 embedded on the sea floor, quashing years of speculation.
York County Historical Society
The Paperback of the The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein by Patricia Earnest Suter at Barnes & Noble. FREE Shipping on $25 or more!
The remains of the USS Indianapolis, which delivered parts of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, and was later sunk by a Japanese submarine, have been found.
Andrew Kamal is an app developer, programmer, and inventor who loves writing about historical technology and old games. He can be found in his free time hugging pugs and debating people about which pizza topics are better.
Two medieval mummies from a mystery Arctic civilization have been discovered at the edge of Siberia. The remains of an adult and baby were found in the Zelenyy Yar necropolis, an archaeological complex first discovered in 1997, and were covered in copper-with the adult having been plated from head to
Search This Site
The family bible is a family's connection to the past and future. It connects an entire family across generations to their history, to their faith and provides an understanding of who their ancestors were. Family bibles often contain locks of hair, photographs, newspaper articles in addition to names, dates of birth, death and marriages.
FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" explores the stories of Lancastrians who sought, fought for, lived in, and were denied freedom over the course of 300 years. They are stories of hope, joy, struggle, and survival from Penn's Holy Experiment through the 21st century.
April 2017 Story Ideas
Fastnacht Day: February 28 at
York County History Center
Fastnacht Day will be celebrated at the York County History Center’s Historical Society Museum on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. – noon. The Friends of the History Center will serve fastnachts, coffee, tea and hot chocolate at the Museum, located at 250 E. Market Street, York.
This free event is held each year as the Friends’ “thank you” to the community for their support throughout the year. Fastnacht Day originated with Pennsylvania Germans on Shrove Tuesday, when all fat had to be removed from the home before Lent.
The Friends hold fundraising events all year to benefit the programs and exhibits of the History Center.
York, Pa., really is the center of the universe, especially when you consider its place in historical events. Local historian June Lloyd looks at how things have converged on our hometown, past and present.
- Upcoming LancasterHistory.org Events August 29 - September 21, 2016
- New Exhibition FREEDOM: "to secure the Blessings of Liberty" Opens September 24 & 25
- Upcoming Colloquium explores the frontier of early Pennsylvania
- Celebrate A Lancaster Victorian Christmas!
- A Salute to Pearl Harbor
- December 2016 Story Ideas
- Lancaster Legend Who Immortalized Christmas Music is the Focus of Free Colloquium
- LancasterHistory.org Honors National Black History Month With Program Set
- Free Screening of Harriet Tubman Film Celebrates Black History Month
- The Friends of the Tanger Arboretum Annual Dinner
- April 2017 Story Ideas from LancasterHistory.org
- April Living History: Precocious, Passionate, & Plodding Buchanan
- 100 Years After US Entry Into World War I, Motivations Revisited
- The Historian May 31, 2017
- The Historian July 26, 2017
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society | Preserving the culture of Mennonite-related faith communities in Lancaster County
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society has added a new field trip to the 2016 schedule of events. Get a new view of historic sights in Lancaster and Lebanon with the upcoming field trip, "The Trail of Greenywalt's Boys."
Draws A Crowd
- Printed & Manuscript Americana
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks
- Rare and Important Travel Posters
- Art & Storytelling: Photographs & Photobooks Exhibition Opens Thursday, October 20
- Just in from Swann Auction Galleries..a Record Setting Auction
- Swann Auction: Illustration Art Draws A Crowd
- Swann Auction: Autographs
Half-century of history at Dover AFB
Links to External Sources
- About Fred Mohammed-Leader in Construction Companies Tuesday, 12 February 2019
- ABOUT SACRED HEART DENTAL CLINIC PHILIPPINES Thursday, 24 January 2019
- WELCOME TO KNOWIT ERP Wednesday, 09 January 2019
- Half Baked Swag at Northern Nights Music Festival Friday, 21 December 2018
- Chairs for Your Modern Lifestyle Monday, 13 August 2018
- Buy Instagram followers and Take your Brand on Top Level Thursday, 08 February 2018
- best ironing board Tuesday, 07 November 2017
- Some History of the Indian National Flag (Links) Friday, 13 January 2017
- From our Friends at Bible Rescue... Sunday, 11 December 2016
- Jeep Forward Control M-679 Ambulance Link to Jim Allen Article on Four Wheeler Monday, 28 November 2016
Windsor Historical Society - The museum, library, and historic houses explore 370 years of history in Connecticut's oldest English town
- FRED-MOHAMMED Tuesday, 12 February 2019
- SACRED HEART DENTAL CLINIC Thursday, 24 January 2019
- Housewife Escorts In Delhi Friday, 11 January 2019
- Make Money Online For Extra Income Friday, 11 January 2019
- WELCOME TO KNOWIT ERP Wednesday, 09 January 2019
- MY TECHNOBLOG Friday, 21 December 2018
- L.A. media, "Law, injuries make long-term contracts difficult." Wednesday, 31 October 2018
- Andheri Escorts, Andheri Escorts Service Friday, 12 October 2018
- online shopping in dubai Wednesday, 15 August 2018
- Idea Sharing Blog Monday, 13 August 2018
About AAS The American Antiquarian Society is a national research library of American history and culture through 1876.more
Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs
That spring morning in 1927 could not have been more beautiful, one of the students would later recall. The Bath Consolidated School just outside East Lansing, Mich., was holding final exams, but before the morning bell rang on May 18, 1927, children ran and played outside. Peals of laughter could be heard.
ATLANTA (AP) - More than 70 years ago, a U.S. Army plane dubbed "Hot as Hell" was headed for India on a supply mission. It never arrived, and no one went looking for the doomed aircraft or the eight men on board because military officials had no way of pinpointing where it went down.
BOSTON (AP) - The sword that belonged to the commanding officer of the first all-black regiment raised in the North during the U.S. Civil War has been recovered after being lost to history for more than 150 years. The British-made sword carried into battle by Col.
An upcoming book seeks to find the links between the fable of Frankenstein and a brutal Philadelphia mass murder that occurred nearly 50 years after the release of the famous novel. In "The Face of a Monster: America's Frankenstein," Delaware author Patricia Earnest Suter revisits the gruesome killings of eight people at the hands of Anton Probst in 1866.
Norman Gray, a fresh-faced 19-year-old was shipped off to France in 1914 to fight in World War I. Now his diary resurfaced, documenting the horrors of war.